Monday, August 19, 2013

Small Beginnings...

I've been spending my free time working on a bunch of different projects, a little at a time. I've found I get the most done when I break things up into small tasks, otherwise I get too overwhelmed and intimidated by the big picture. Right now I have little beginnings of projects all over the place, including the coffee table, mantel, studio, and dining room table. My husband is a good man-he doesn't even complain about eating dinner surrounded by scraps of paper and random projects in varying states of completion. 

I'm working on my submission for the Morgan's annual open house and silent auction, as well as a submission for Loganberry Books' altered book Octavofest show and competition. I'll post pictures here when they're complete.

I'm also mentally preparing myself for school. I can't believe classes start in one week. I've been planning to go to school for the longest time and now it's finally here. It always seemed like one of those things that was going to happen far away in the future. It's surreal that the future I've been dreaming of is now my current reality.

I had orientation this morning, which was informative but, honestly, kind of overwhelming. It finally dawned on me what a huge undertaking this is and how this will dominate my life for the next three or four years. It's kind of terrifying. But, I'll do what I always do when faced with something big and seemingly insurmountable-I'll take a deep breath and do things one little bit at a time.




No comments:

Post a Comment