Sunday, January 12, 2014

Back to School

My favorite nap time buddy
I had so many plans for winter break. I was going to get a head start on projects for Spring semester, organize my studio, create a website for myself, exercise daily, and even finish sewing those damn kitchen curtains that I started a year ago and that my husband never stops giving me a hard time about. But I did none of those things. Instead, I rested. Blame it in the fact that I was still working six days a week, blame it on the art-making marathon that was finals week, blame it on the holidays, whatever. I napped with reckless abandon, hibernated under multiple down-filled comforters, read good books, and I don't feel at all guilty about it. If there's anything I've learned about life so far, it's that if you don't take time to rest and reflect, the opportunity will pass you by, leaving you perpetually tired and burnt out.

Now that I've taken the time to relax and recharge, I'm ready to get back to it. Spring semester starts tomorrow. I'm taking an art history course on Dada and Surrealism and an independent study studio course. And, of course, my internship will start on February 1st. It will be interesting to see how my work there will inform the art that I make. I'll post my projects here throughout the semester. I promise not to slack off with the blogging like I did last time. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment