Friday, July 19, 2013

Open for Business


It took me a long time, almost two years, in fact, to finally take this handy little Zutter binding machine out of its box and learn how to use it. I don't know what I was waiting for. I mean, it's pink. And tiny. How intimidating could it be? But I thought it might be difficult and frustrating to learn how to use it, so I just didn't use it at all. It couldn't have been easier, though. I just watched the brief instructional DVD it came with and I was almost immediately spiral binding like a pro.


Learning how to use the binding machine coincided with finally re-opening my Etsy shop. It's been closed since my back surgery a year and a half ago. I was thinking about re-opening it for quite some and I was racking my brain trying to think of new product ideas to re-launch with. But instead of holding out for theoretical new products, I decided to just start where I was, and I reopened the shop with the remaining inventory I had kicking around from when I shut it down in January of 2012. The re-opening of my shop proved to be inspiring, hence digging out the binding machine. I got to work making a bunch of these adorable mini spiral bound notebooks, which you can snap up in my shop for a mere $10. More designs and sizes are soon to come.






No comments:

Post a Comment